Monday, May 31, 2010

Back In the Day



i don't know why but the last couple weeks i've been thinking about my old military school friends. it's pretty rare for me to try to look for people who aren't in my life anymore, but i've been doing it anyway. Novelli and Huda (you should be able to tell which is which by their names) were like my brothers for a couple of years, and yet at this point we haven't spoken for over a decade now, but i guess that's not that insane- i haven't talked to my actual brother more than a handful of times since 1996, not to be maudlin or anything... it's just a fact.

Novelli looks sad to me, which is kind of strange because he was always such a goof.

Huda looks happy enough, though.

it really is all in the eyes, huh? That doesn't ALWAYS work, though, because some people know how to smile with their eyes even if they aren't feeling it, but if they're NOT smiling with their eyes, then that's that. Huda's eyes smile*, and Novelli's smile is all mouth.

*in all fairness, Huda IS standing next to an open bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment