Friday, February 11, 2011

Foreshadowing/I Miss My Grandma

Ms Cyd Adams
512q No 15th St.
Apt #509
Phoenix, Az. 85014

7-10-90

Dear Cyd*:-
Enclosing some pictures we took on the new 35mm camera i got dad for father's day. he shoots everything and i think we are getting some good ones. I took many shots of antique shop-- new car-- the house on avenue and wheat harvest and drilling soybeans in the wheat stubble. Have some more to take as the film is 36 exposures.
We took RV down to Indian Cave for couple of nights affter the pressure of harvest was over. it rained a ton but needed it so just went to bed and slept through it. brought the rig home this morning. Been driving back and forth.
Jesse** has chicken pox and not too happy with the confinement of it. Carries some fever but generally getting along pretty good. Seth*** hasn't started yet but he has boy scout camp starting tomorrow so hope he gets to go before the pox catch up with him. He will be so disappointed if he doesn't get to go. Leave Wed. afternoon and come back Sat morning. Go to the boy scout camp at Dubois. Should really have a wonderful time. Hope he makes it.
Now that harvest is over maybe we can finish up some of our other projects. Need to finish trim at the avenue

-2-

house. Also need to finish the house on O street. The west side and porch need paint and all screens need painted. Then the lady on "N" street moved and would be good time to do the trim down there as well as some carpenter work on basement stairs. Also some cement work. Too much to do! Then we got 1000 more paving bricks to be brought over here for driveway and other places. Wanted to get porches on this summer but too hot now so may e a fall project when we get back from Phoenix. Which reminds me to inquire as to whether you and doctor have come up with any date certain in Sept.**** We plan to come few days before you go into hospital and will stay as long as we can afterwards. Reason I would like to know is I was going to order State Fair tickets if I thought I'd use them but won't if I'm not. Doesn't bother me if I don't go but will go if I'm going to be here. Got any answers at this time?
We certainly are enjoying the car. It is such a pretty thing. Needs a bath and good vacuuming. The boys did real good as we kept them apart when we went anyplace. They were with us 3 weeks and was long for them too*****. They were glad for their mother to get home and

-3-

we haven't seen them since. Been a week or better but with temps at 107 - 108 (degrees farenheit) it was too hot to go anywhere you did need to. Jo was too hot and tired to come over after work and usually lays down before supper. Then Jesse got the chic pox so had to stay in. Jo goes to Columbus for 3 days in August for her job so they will be back then I guess.
We got a long letter from David******. He is in So. Carolina. Wants your address and phone number. I'll send to him if you don't mind but won'd if you don't want me too. Jo won't even respond to him and I know he is lonesome but has brought on so much himself.
Bev Clarke******* retire's at Glen's Drug Store and they had a coffee for her Monday morning. She is thrilled to death and I know she will enjoy it more as she goes along. She and Anna Belle Redfern******** are going on a trip to Alaska in August. Has had her tickets since March. It is 12 days I think. Some tour! Know they will enjoy. Will wind this up and get it in mail. Write us some time. Take care, and put pictures up, and we will get what you don't want to keep when we come.

Love,
Mom & Dad*********

KEY:
*Cyd is my aunt, the one that raised me from my mid-teens on.
**my younger brother, 2 years and three months younger than me.
***me
****Cyd was getting hysterectomy that year.
*****Jolene (or just 'Jo') my mother, was visiting my future stepfather in Pennsylvania that summer.
******David, my father.
*******?
********?
*********My Grandma wrote the letter, she just always signed stuff as being from both of them.

on the back of the envelope are some numbers:
3 26 27
36-39-42
35

No comments:

Post a Comment