Sunday, November 15, 2009

Holy Crap




The Peace Corps REALLY hooks it up, especially for education benefits. I haven't even gotten admitted to a University yet (currently thinking NAU, but also thinking of sticking with my goal of UofA) although i should be done with my prerequisites by the end of summer/end of Fall 2010 semester at latest, but i guess it can't hurt to start thinking Master's Program, huh? my current timetable has me getting my nursing BSN in spring 2013, possibly Fall 2012 if i push harder, and if i were to be accepted into a public health graduate program at someplace like Tulane U in New Orleans, i could do the three or four semesters in LA, and then do a 2 year medical resource development/general nursing/health care commitment abroad (which is what i want to do professionally anyway) and come back with a Public Health degree + 2 years of international experience. HOLY SHIT, that's an AMAZING deal. Plus, your education is almost certainly super cheap or free, PLUS you get the hookup with all these job opportunities when you get back, you get preference for federal jobs, etc etc etc. My mind is sort of reeling from all the different possibilities right now... it's the first time i've started really looking into them in any real depth and i'm impressed. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment