Wednesday, February 3, 2010

29

it's my birthday. almost thirty!

actually, i'm really looking forward to my thirties. according to my calculations, my thirties will be when my life really comes together- i mean, my life is coming together now, but shit should get real in the next 2 or three years...

i was telling my friend jason that the other day, and he didn't really say anything. who knows what jason really thinks about anything, though, lol. he maybe grunted, and i think he gave me a sideways look, which isn't out of character for him. I don't think he agreed with me, but i think i'm right. as long as i don't fuck up TOO egregiously, of course :-)

Germone has actually been above and beyond for my birthday, much to his credit. he got me a cheetah snuggie, a copy of the awesome foreign vampire movie "let the right one in" (i know vampire shit is tired, but this happens to be an excellent film, and precedes the first twilight film), PLUS this morning when i woke up and came out of the room, the house was FILLED with balloons that said 'happy birthday' AND when i came in the door from school tonight, he was holding a lit baskin robbins cookies and cream cake that said happy birthday with the candles. PRETTY SWEET, even i must concede. he might have asbergers's, but at least he tries. AWWWW!


my aunt and grandpa are going to come down on saturday and spend the morning and afternoon, so i'm excited about that, too- AH, i just miss my aunt so much. seriously, it just feels WRONG to only see her once every two to four months, you know? it's like, "THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!" it's not as faggoty as being a momma's boy, though. my aunt's badass.

PLUS, it's only six days until i get to have dinner with junot diaz- it's supposed to be a very small group, too. i got my 1st edition of 'Wao' in the mail today, so i'll get that signed. SO EXCITED!

9 comments:

  1. Life gets a million times better at 30... Hurray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I have to say the 30s are soooo much better than the 20s. You will rock it with much aplomb. And Let the Right One In is hands down my favorite Swedish child vampire movie EVER! It's so good, it's sick. And Junot Diaz. . .I'm soooo jealous. Enjoy yourself, Sethly. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks david mason! i'm counting the days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, deacon! i'm glad we're friends- it's been a while now, too, huh? i don't believe i've known you for 13 years! that's bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you're so young, still! Happy Birthday - hope you have a wonderful year and yes, 30 will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Donnie! you're so nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww, my growing feelings of contempt for Germone just evaporated! yayyy!
    oh... and if i grunt it's only ever cuz i just clampedthefuckdown on my tongue.

    still wanna go to The Loft tomorrow night??

    ReplyDelete
  8. if you say so, sling blade.

    *i bit my tongue while i was eating up some of them french fried taters, mmmmhmmm!*

    Yeah! let's loft it up, yo. the movie's at 10- we could go get some dinner before if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pick, hooker - my treat. i'll bug ya sometime in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete