Friday, May 1, 2009

Sao Paulo Has Awesome Graffiti

This is one of your longer, better youtube videos of Sao Paulo's graffiti. I want to go back after i get my nursing degree and just go around and take a ton of really good, high quality pictures of it. My ex-boyfriend told me that in Sao Paulo they commission graffiti artists rather than persecute them, which i think is a pretty excellent idea. the only places you see ugly tagging are places that don't have 'good' graffiti up, ie blank spots. It really captures the imagination, and the range of influences are incredible. it's probably my favorite paint oriented artistic medium.



that reminded me of this movie i saw at the Phoenix gay and lesbian film festival several years ago that was really great. usually i don't like gay films because they pander really bad, and the plot usually revolves around gayness instead of being incidental, but this movie was great and really well done and stuff. it's called the graffiti artist, and here's the trailer. on youtube, the whole movie is available in 8 parts, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment